Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Who can I blame?

“And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.”

Another important principle about the way people deal with God is established in this passage. In spite of what we are taught today by many experts, each person is responsible before God for their own actions (see 2 Chron 25: 4). Both Adam and Eve knew that they had sinned but they both tried to blame someone else. Adam blamed Eve and, indirectly God Who gave him the woman, while Eve blamed the serpent. In this case, however, God gave both Adam and Eve the chance to own their own sin before God. Even today every person is responsible for their own sin and the only way to deal with our sin is to begin by confessing our sin to God and then repenting. We can not become a Christian without first acknowledging that we are sinners. Unless we are willing to take that step we will spend eternity burning in the fires of hell.

Modern mind science teaches us that we can blame other people and we can be cures of our issues if we can find someone to accept the blame. No one can change what other people do to them but everyone has control over what they think. I choose my attitude and I am responsible for my attitude. If I choose to think in a certain way, I may well erode my mind and then be incapable of thinking in any other way but I am still responsible for causing the erosion of my own mind.

There is good news for people with eroded minds. We can come to the Lord Jesus Christ and own our sin, repent of that sin and then submit to Him and by the power of the Holy Ghost we will find healing for that erosion.

Are you naked, hiding in the folly of your own wisdom or are you willing to be clothed in the garments of the Lord Jesus Christ’s righteousness?

If you would like to find out more about God's grace at the beginning you might like to visit http://www.lulu.com/content/799024 and buy a copy of my book “The Scarlet Thread”.

(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment