Thursday, November 18, 2010

God came to Abimelech

“But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man’s wife. But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her. Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.”
Even though Abraham had developed some bad habits, he was counted as a righteous man because he was a man of faith. Under these circumstances the Lord protected him through the trials and tribulations of life. On the other hand, Abimelech was caught in a situation that was not of his own making. In this case he was caught out because Abraham manufactured a lie and Abimelech believed him. In this case, God was gracious to Abimelech as well and gave him an opportunity to understand that the Lord is the true, and only, God of creation. God always works for good but we have the chance to choose to enjoy that good or not to enjoy that good. Abraham believed God and he enjoyed all the good things that God had to offer him.
Would you like to support this ministry? Please click this link: http://jamesmcnaught.blogspot.com/ and then click “Follow” and encourage all your friends to follow as well. You could also visit http://jamesmcnaught.com and consider buying Gulf or Reclaiming the Bible from the “Enlightened”.
(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment