Thursday, December 2, 2010

God is with thee in all that thou doest

“And it came to pass at that time, that Abimelech and Phichol the chief captain of his host spake unto Abraham, saying, God is with thee in all that thou doest: Now therefore swear unto me here by God that thou wilt not deal falsely with me, nor with my son, nor with my son’s son: but according to the kindness that I have done unto thee, thou shalt do unto me, and to the land wherein thou hast sojourned. And Abraham said, I will swear.”
Abraham obeyed the Lord during the course of his life and it was apparent to those who were around him. Abimelech and his general both knew that God was with Abraham and they were afraid to be put in a position where they might have to fight a war with Abraham so they made a treaty with Abraham to avoid the possibility of war. Notice that Abimelech approached Abraham because Abraham was still trusting the Lord for his security. The Lord Jesus Christ told His followers, “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 15: 15). When Joshua assumed the leadership of Israel after the death of Moses the Lord told him, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. (Josh 1: 8, 9) If we want to show our love for the Lord Jesus Christ we will fill our minds and our hearts with thoughts about Him and then the rest of the world will see that we belong to Him.
Would you like to support this ministry? Please click this link: http://jamesmcnaught.blogspot.com/ and then click “Follow” and encourage all your friends to follow as well. You could also visit http://jamesmcnaught.com and consider buying Gulf or Reclaiming the Bible from the “Enlightened”.
(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment