Tuesday, October 9, 2012

If they shall confess


(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Leviticus 26: 40-46, “If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me; And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity: Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land. The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes. And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God. But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD. These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.”
This section demonstrated the Lord’s true intentions: He is neither arbitrary nor vindictive but always works towards a specific purpose. However, the Lord does not compromise His integrity at any time and always gives us what we choose. The curses were designed to force Israel to their knees so that they would finally submit to God and call on Him in humility and obedience. As soon as they had been brought to their knees they would be brought back to the Land. The penalty clauses of their contract with God were purely designed to bring them back to the place where they were willing to accept the obligations of the contract so that they could enjoy the full benefits. God works in the same way today, He is not willing that any should perish (see 2 Pet 3: 9, “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”) but He will never compromise His integrity and override any person’s choice.
(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment