Thursday, August 15, 2013

I am He and there is no god with me


(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Deuteronomy 32:39–43, “See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.”
The basic principle of the Law is that that there is one God and Israel were not to assume or tolerate any other gods. The true God is in complete control of His creation but is also completely separate from it. We can write this in a more technical way by saying that the Lord God is both immanent and transcendent. He is above His entire creation but He also present everywhere in His creation. The most basic issue is that God has not allowed any part of Himself to remain in His creation. No creature, by making any effort, can find part of God and take that for himself and so become a superior kind of man or woman. The Lord gave life to everyone on earth but, before the Lord God, we are all equal. No one can do anything to impress God and so save himself from the consequences of his sin. The Lord always does whatever He pleases (see, Psalm 115:3, “But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.”) No one can take His chosen away from Him and no one can force Him to accept someone who has rejected Him. When people rebel against the Lord, He gives them the random and arbitrary course that they have chosen. A world without the Lord is completely chaotic, nothing is predictable and it is very easy to get badly hurt. Each person see himself or his group as superior and they have the right to attack and destroy anyone who doesn’t belong to their own group. If people attack Israel they will be cursed by the Lord, just as He promised Abraham, when He first called Abraham. (Genesis 12:1–3, “Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment