Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My husband will dwell with me


Genesis 30: 19-21 “And Leah conceived again, and bare Jacob the sixth son. And Leah said, God hath endued me with a good dowry; now will my husband dwell with me, because I have born him six sons: and she called his name Zebulun. And afterwards she bare a daughter, and called her name Dinah.”
Even though Leah was unloved she was blessed by the Lord. She had six sons in all and a daughter to give her joy in her old age. The Lord knows every person’s situation and the Lord understands all our needs. In Romans 8: 28 we read “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Leah was part of God’s plan and she was under the Lord’s care all her life. There may be people today who are in a similar position to Leah. They fell unloved but it is good to remember that God loves each one of His people and He will never stop caring for us. We may have a huge ache in our soul but God knows that as well and He is able to deal with that problem as well. If we are willing to thank Him for His love then we will begin to feel the peace of God in our hearts and we will be able to overcome the ache in our soul.
(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment