Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I have surely seen


Exodus 3: 7-10: “And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites. Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.”
Notice that the Lord knew what was happening to His people. This reminds us of the words of the Lord Jesus Christ, “Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt: 10: 29-32) The Lord always knows what is going on in the life of every person and He is working for good in the end (“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Rom 8: 28)) While the Lord was delaying in grace, as far as the Amorites were concerned, He was also delaying in grace to allow the Israelis to establish themselves as a viable nation, fit and ready to take up their Promised Land. This Land was big enough for all their needs and very fertile as well. The Lord had made sure that everything was in place and everything was prepared before He began His work of deliverance. No one could say that the Lord wasn’t prepared and hadn’t thought about every issue before the whole process began.
(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment