Thursday, June 14, 2012

The glory of the Lord appeared


Leviticus 9: 23, 24, “And Moses and Aaron went into the tabernacle of the congregation, and came out, and blessed the people: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the people. And there came a fire out from before the LORD, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat: which when all the people saw, they shouted, and fell on their faces.”
We seem to have lost contact with reality in our Christian lives these days with people resorting to techniques used by non Christian mystics to improve their Christian experience. Some people even talk about having “God moments” from time to time when our normal experience should include an ongoing awareness of the Lord’s presence going with us. We can look at, say, Psalm 51: 11, 12 “Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.” (David after he had sinned with Bathsheba and Uriah) and assume that we can lose contact with the Lord but Christians have the promise of God dwelling with us always (1 John 4: 13, “Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.”). The glory of the Lord will be shown through us when we obey His commandments, including loving one another. If we want to be filled with the Holy Ghost then we fill our minds with thoughts of the Lord Jesus Christ for that is one of the most important roles of the Holy Ghost in the life of every Christian (John 14: 26, 27, “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”)
(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment