Thursday, December 18, 2014

Blessed be the Lord

Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Ezra 7:27–28, “Blessed be the LORD God of our fathers, which hath put such a thing as this in the king’s heart, to beautify the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem: And hath extended mercy unto me before the king, and his counsellors, and before all the king’s mighty princes. And I was strengthened as the hand of the LORD my God was upon me, and I gathered together out of Israel chief men to go up with me.”

The Jews should never, according to normal human circumstances, have returned to their ancient homeland. They had been taken away into Exile and, seventy years later, been sent back to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple with the same vessels that had been looted from the Temple by Nebuchadnezzar. Cyrus owed nothing to the Jews but he sent them back anyway. The returnees knew Who was responsible for all these things, the God of all the earth, so they gave thanks to their God for all that He had done.

No comments:

Post a Comment