Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Concerning this house

Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
1 Kings 6:11–14, “And the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying, Concerning this house which thou art in building, if thou wilt walk in my statutes, and execute my judgments, and keep all my commandments to walk in them; then will I perform my word with thee, which I spake unto David thy father: And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel. So Solomon built the house, and finished it.”

Until that stage, Solomon was living on the strength of the promise that the Lord had made with David his father. However, the Lord always makes his covenants, or contracts, with individuals. Solomon had built the Temple but that wasn't enough to ensure that he had a permanent tenure of the throne. Solomon had to agree to keeping the contract himself. If Solomon kept the contract then then Lord would establish His promises concerning the permanency of his kingdom and dynasty. The Lord made sure that Solomon understood that it wasn’t enough for him to build the Temple, he had to make sure that he maintained the contract with the Lord on his own behalf by keeping the contract himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment