Friday, January 30, 2015

This wicked Haman

Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Esther 7:1–6, “So the king and Haman came to banquet with Esther the queen. And the king said again unto Esther on the second day at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition, queen Esther? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? and it shall be performed, even to the half of the kingdom. Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request: For we are sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be slain, and to perish. But if we had been sold for bondmen and bondwomen, I had held my tongue, although the enemy could not countervail the king’s damage. Then the king Ahasuerus answered and said unto Esther the queen, Who is he, and where is he, that durst presume in his heart to do so? And Esther said, The adversary and enemy is this wicked Haman. Then Haman was afraid before the king and the queen.”

Even though Haman was upset about Mordecai, he went to the banquet with the king and the queen. It was a formal affair, following proper protocol and lasted through to a second day. Esther took her time and, as the banquet was winding down, the king asked her to make her request. She took her life in her hands and asked that her people be saved from genocide. She had not told the king that she was a Jew so her request was quite dangerous. She told the king that she wouldn’t have done anything if her life, alone, was in danger but she was concerned about the fate of her entire people. The king wanted more information and asked Esther who was responsible for the problem. She accused Haman, for he was the originator of the problem. Haman suddenly realised that he was in trouble and started to be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment