Thursday, February 20, 2014

Abiathar

(The view expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
1 Samuel 22:20–23, “And one of the sons of Ahimelech the son of Ahitub, named Abiathar, escaped, and fled after David. And Abiathar shewed David that Saul had slain the LORD’S priests. And David said unto Abiathar, I knew it that day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, that he would surely tell Saul: I have occasioned the death of all the persons of thy father’s house. Abide thou with me, fear not: for he that seeketh my life seeketh thy life: but with me thou shalt be in safeguard.”

One of the priest’s sons was able to escape from the slaughter and came to let David know Saul had committed this grave crime against the Lord and His priests David told the priest, Abiathar, to stay with him as he would be safe while the Lord protected David and his men from Saul. David knew that Doeg, the Edomite was the guilty party but he also grieved that he was partly responsible for the death of an entire priestly clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment