Friday, February 20, 2015

What is man?

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Job 7:17–21, “What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him? And that thou shouldest visit him every morning, and try him every moment? How long wilt thou not depart from me, nor let me alone till I swallow down my spittle? I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself? And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.”

During these dialogues, Job speaks both to his friends and to the Lord God. He wonders what any man can show to impress God or why God should be interested in anyone born on the earth. Why does God waste His time by allowing people to suffer. Surely that takes effort that God spend elsewhere? Whey doesn’t the Lord just pardon Job’s and let him die then he would be free from this pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment