Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Why did I not give up the ghost?

Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Job 3:11–19, “Why died I not from the womb? why did I not give up the ghost when I came out of the belly? Why did the knees prevent me? or why the breasts that I should suck? For now should I have lain still and been quiet, I should have slept: then had I been at rest, With kings and counsellors of the earth, which built desolate places for themselves; Or with princes that had gold, who filled their houses with silver: Or as an hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants which never saw light. There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the weary be at rest. There the prisoners rest together; they hear not the voice of the oppressor. The small and great are there; and the servant is free from his master.”

Job continued his complaint and regretted the fact that he was born at all. There may be people, today, who feel that his language is completely unacceptable but he didn’t live in the modern sterile world where everyone is insulated from the basic facts of life and death. Children were born at home, the homes were much smaller and privacy wan’t always guaranteed so Job and his contemporaries would have seen other children being born. He was just recounting things that he and his friends had seen before and everyone knew about.

No comments:

Post a Comment