Friday, July 3, 2015

As the hart panteth after the water brooks

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 42:1–5, “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.”

David had come to admire and love the Lord during the course of his life. He knew the Lord’s majesty when he was a young shepherd and saw the wonders of the heavens as he watched the sheep during the long night hours while he protected his flock. He had seen the greatness of the Lord when he fought Goliath and many other enemies and triumphed. More than all of this he had sinned against the Lord and knew the Lord’s gentle grace and mercy after he confessed his sin, repented and was forgiven. All in all, David longed to spend time alone with the Lord in prayer, thanksgiving and worship. He was attacked by his enemies and they mocked him for trusting in the Lord for they believed that the Lord couldn’t protect David at all. However, when David was able to go to a private place where he could pray or go into the public place of worship, he was able to rejoice in the Lord’s love and goodness. At those time he asked himself why he ever felt downhearted because the Lord is trustworthy and always available to hear the cries of those who trust the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment