Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 40:6–10, “Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest. I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.”

As David meditated on the Lord and all the good things that he had done, the king began to think about the ultimate promise that the Lord had made. The Lord promised, in the beginning, that one day, He would finally defeat Satan, the source of all evil and trouble on the earth. The Lord had asked Israel to offer sacrifices as a temporary remedy for sin but the ultimate Servant would come and offer Himself to the Lord. This servant, a descendant of Eve, would come, willingly, to do the Lord’s will and effect this final victory of good over evil. He would preach righteousness to all the people of the world. He would come and make public the way of the Lord and show the Lord’s love, grace and mercy to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment