Monday, July 6, 2015

O my God, my soul is cast down within me

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 42:6–11, “O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar. Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God? Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.”

David had been remembering the Lord’s goodness because he was trying to escape from a time of poor morale. He was feeling sad and lonely but he knew that he could overcome these circumstances by remembering the Lord and all that He had done. The Lord controls the entire creation but David felt as though the waves of a great storm were passing over him. He lifted his mind up to the Lord and His love and asked why the Lord had forgotten him. His enemies were taunting him and asking him what had happened to his God, the God who was the source of his joy and gratitude. David knew that he just had to put all his hope in the Lord because he knew that, eventually, the Lord would bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment