Friday, July 3, 2015

Mine enemies speak evil of me

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 41:5–13, “Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish? And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it. All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt. An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more. Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me. But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them. By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me. And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.”

David’s enemies hated him and said bad things about him behind his back. They were waiting for him to die so that they could at last feel as though they had won. However, when David though about his situation he realised that his enemies still hadn’t won because he was still alive. He knew about the Lord’s integrity and knew that the Lord would never do anything to harm those who trusted in Him. He knew that he believed in the Lord and was counted among the righteous. The Lord lasts forever and He will never fail or change His perfect and loving nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment