Friday, March 13, 2015

My prayer is pure

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Job 16:17–22, “Not for any injustice in mine hands: also my prayer is pure. O earth, cover not thou my blood, and let my cry have no place. Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high. My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God. O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour! When a few years are come, then I shall go the way whence I shall not return.”

Job wasn’t ready to admit that he had done something specific to deserve his currents torments. He wasn’t praying to the Lord and trying to hide secrets from the Lord at the same time. His friends were accusing him of terrible things but he just wanted to speak to the Lord. He wanted to be able to plead his own case with the Lord as he had prayed for so many other people in his life. Job knew that he would soon die and be forgotten but he wanted to set the record straight before he was consigned to eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment