Friday, March 27, 2015

Oh that I knew where I might find him!

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Job 23:1–7, “Then Job answered and said, Even to day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning. Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat! I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments. I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me. Will he plead against me with his great power? No; but he would put strength in me. There the righteous might dispute with him; so should I be delivered for ever from my judge.”

Earlier, as he tried to defend himself against his friends, Job had said, “I know that my redeemer liveth.” He knew that God is just and righteous and, one day, he would have a chance to defend himself. He was suffering and complained because he believed that he was suffering far more than he deserved. If only he could see God then he would be able to put his case and persuade God of his own goodness. As a righteous man, Job believed that he should be free to talk to God and defend his position.

No comments:

Post a Comment