Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What emboldeneth thee?

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Job 16:1–5, “Then Job answered and said, I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all. Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest? I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul’s stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you. But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.”

Job replied to Eliphaz and told him that he was not doing anything to comfort Job at all. When was he going to stoop? Job wondered if his friends were only speaking because they saw that he was in trouble and felt as though they could get away with saying these things to him for that reason. If things were the other way around, Job would be helpful rather than destruction towards his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment