Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I am young

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Job 32:6–14, “And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion. I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom. But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment. Therefore I said, Hearken to me; I also will shew mine opinion. Behold, I waited for your words; I gave ear to your reasons, whilst ye searched out what to say. Yea, I attended unto you, and, behold, there was none of you that convinced Job, or that answered his words: Lest ye should say, We have found out wisdom: God thrusteth him down, not man. Now he hath not directed his words against me: neither will I answer him with your speeches.”

Elihu began his speech by trying to sound as though he was being respectful and insisting that he waited to show respect while the older people talked. However, he then went on to claim that he had a special message from the Lord, which gave him wisdom far above the older and more esteemed men than he. He told them that they hadn’t been able to convince Job of the fact that he was a sinner and deserved everything that he was getting. He said that God was punishing Job and now it was up to him to tell Job the truth and force Job to accept the message that God gave to Elihu.

No comments:

Post a Comment