Friday, April 17, 2015

To bring back his soul from the pit

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Job 33:29–33, “Lo, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man, To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living. Mark well, O Job, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I will speak. If thou hast any thing to say, answer me: speak, for I desire to justify thee. If not, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I shall teach thee wisdom.”

Elihu, along with many other people, believed that God was vindictive and forced people to suffer every time that they did wrong. The problem with this line of thinking is that no one should even survive their childhood. Everyone shows some kind of rebellion against the Lord God at some stage in their lives. Elihu wanted Job to be quiet and stop complaining so that he could teach Job the truth and make Job accept the fact that he had sinned and deserved everything that came his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment