Monday, May 4, 2015

The LORD said to Eliphaz

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Job 42:7–9, “And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, t the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job. So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the LORD commanded them: the LORD also accepted Job.”

The Lord spoke to Elihu without even mentioning his name because the young man had presumed to speak for God. The Lord then spoke to Job so that Job could understand Who he was dealing with. After that the Lord spoke to Job’s three friends. They hadn’t presumed to speak on God’s behalf but had used their own wisdom. However, they had sinned against Job so the Lord told them to offer a sacrifice for this sin against the Lord. They had to offer apologies to Job and admit to him that they had spoken out of turn and to damage Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment