Thursday, May 14, 2015

O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 7:1–9, “O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me: Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver. O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands; If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:) Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah. Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded. So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high. The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me. Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.”

David was a man who trusted the Lord all his life. He did sin, as every man, woman and child do from time to time but he confessed his sin and the Lord forgave him because the Lord is good. David trusted the Lord because he knew that the Lord is trustworthy all the time. He was persecuted by evil men because he was a good man who trusted the Lord. If the Lord wasn’t on David’s side then he would have been destroyed like someone who was attacked by a fierce lion. On the other hand, apart from one notable exception, David was good and gracious to other people. He treated them with dignity. In the end David knew that everyone would be judged on whether they trusted the Lord or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment