Thursday, May 28, 2015

Preserve me, O God

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 16:1–7, “Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips. The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.”

When times are hard we can only trust the Lord to do what is good for us. Too often other people are happy to exploit the person who is working hard but having difficult times. David knew that he could alway trust the Lord as long as he was willing to take a long term view. The Lord created the heavens and the earth so that we could live in comfort under the envelope of His love. People who trust in other gods may get their own way for a while but they will not be secure in their god’s love for eternity. David rejoiced that he had been given a good place to live in. When Joshua divided the Promised Land among the tribes, clans and families, lines were drawn to show which place belonged to which family. David was glad that the Lord had chosen such a good place for his family to live and for him to inherit. The Lord always had the correct instructions for David throughout his life in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment