Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hear me when I call

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 4:1–5, “Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah. But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.”

David called to the Lord to hear him because he was suffering. We all suffer and, even though the Lord knows every thought that we have, we feel we must call out to someone or something. If we believe in the Lord then we can call out to Someone Who actually hears us and can do something about it. The only condition that the Lord places on our prayers is that He will only do good things for us. David was in distress because of his suffering but the Lord knew and prepared the best way out of his problems. His enemies wanted to destroy him but the Lord loved him. He told his enemies to believe in the Lord and obey Him so that they, too, would be able to enjoy His goodness and His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment