Thursday, May 14, 2015

O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 6:1–7, “, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies’ sake. For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.”

No one is actually good enough to live up to the Lord’s perfect, sinless standards. King David knew that and he had to rely on the Lord’s grace and mercy. He asked the Lord not to treat him as he deserved. After all, he was just a weak sinner but the Lord is the Judge of all the earth. David was suffering and he asked the Lord how long it would be before this hard time was finished. He knew that, when he was dead, all his troubles would mean nothing to anyone else and the world would keep going anyway. He suffered so severely that he wept each night and his eyes hurt from all his tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment