Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hear the right, O LORD

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 17:1–7, “Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips. Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal. Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer. Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not. I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech. Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.”

In our adversarial society people are often in conflict with each other. The first step in a conflict is to argue the facts of the issue. Sometimes arguing the facts will probably lead to a lost argument so the next step is to suppress the facts. If that doesn’t work, as a last resort, one side will seek to destroy the other person’s character so that their evidence will not be taken seriously. David was the anointed king of Israel but he had enemies who wanted to destroy him. They couldn’t destroy him on the strength of the facts or suppress the facts so they attacked his character. He cried out to the Lord to accept the truth and listen to his prayers rather than the lies of those who were attacking him. He knew that if he trusted the Lord then the Lord would accept the truth and judge him according to the facts. He asked the Lord not to take notice of the people who were telling lies about him but to show lovingkindness to him. David rejoiced in the fact that the Lord always supported those who trusted in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment