Friday, August 14, 2015

Be merciful unto me, O God

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 56:1–7, “Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me. Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil. They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul. Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.”

David spent many year fleeing from king Saul, who wanted to kill him. David acted with integrity and had saved Israel from the Philistines by the power of the Lord. Saul chose to be jealous of David and try to kill him in gratitude for this good deed. Eventually, David gave up and went to find refuge with the Philistines, Israel’s most dedicated enemies. At first he was given refuge but then some of them complained that David was really their enemy and wanted to kill him. David pretended to be mad and they sent him away. During this desperate time in David’s life he composed this Psalm. He was concerned that his enemies would finally triumph over him. Even in these most trying times, David chose to look up to the Lord and remember all the good things that the Lord had done for Israel and in his own life. David knew that the people of the world wanted to destroy the Lord’s people but He also knew that the Lord would always keep His people and they would be secure in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment