Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Be merciful unto me, O God

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 57:1–6, “Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth. My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth. They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.”

David spent many years of his life suffering betrayal and attack. Even though he loved and served the Lord there were many people who were determined to destroy him. He had to hide in caves and it lonely places in the wilderness. More than once, he had to hide from Saul in caves. David was a man of prayer who brought every one of his problems to the Lord. He cried out for the Lord’s mercy so that he could be saved from his enemies. On the other hand, he knew that the Lord would always remain faithful and he could trust the Lord all the days of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment