Friday, August 14, 2015

Give ear to my prayer, O God

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 55:1–8, “Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication. Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise; Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me. My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.”

David cried out to the Lord many times during his life. He cried out during the hard times and gave thanks during the good times. Sometimes the Lord would delay in delivering David because the Lord knew that it was good for David to spend time learning to rely on the Lord and trust His sovereignty. David asked the Lord to take away the pain of betrayal and the fear of death. He longed to be lifted above the problems and go to a quiet and restful place instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment