Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hear, O my people, and I will speak

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 50:7–15, “Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God. I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me. I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds. For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof. Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats? Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”

This section records the Lord’s words to Israel. The Lord is their God and they need to remember that. The Lord commanded them to offer sacrifices and He will never reprove them when they follow the ceremonies that He has given them. He does’t need to take anything from them because He created and owns all the beasts in the field. The Lord doesn’t need to rely on His people to feed Him for He feeds them instead. He just calls on them to thank Him and keep the contract that they made with Him when the entered the Promised Land. If they are in trouble, Israel can call on the Lord but the Lord will never have to ask them for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment