Monday, August 31, 2015

I will go into thy house with burnt offerings

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 66:13–20, “I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows, Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble. I will offer unto thee burnt sacrifices of fatlings, with the incense of rams; I will offer bullocks with goats. Selah. Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.”

After encouraging other people to praise the Lord and show Him the honour that He is due, the Psalmist tells the reader what should be done personally. The Psalmist would go into the Lord’s house and show the Lord praise and honour. The Lord has already listed the activities required of people who want to honour Him so the Psalmist will follow those activities carefully. Not only that, the Psalmist will also make sure that he examines his own behaviour to see if he is doing anything that will bring dishonour to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment