Thursday, August 6, 2015

Purge me with hyssop

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 51:7–13, “Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.”

David asked the Lord to cleanse him from his sin. In the early days of computers, when floppy disks were used, the process of cleaning all the data from a disc was called purging. David asked the Lord to clean his record of the sin that he had committed. He confessed his sin so that it could be forgiven and no longer remain in the account of his life. When the Israelis went through the first Passover they were asked to take hyssop and dip it in blood then paint the blood around the door so that the angel of death would pass over that house. David knew of this event and longed that the angel of death, who punished sinners, would be kept from his house. David was plagued with guilt over his sin and asked the Lord to restore him to his former place in the Lord’s plans. David longed to be delivered from the suffering that was caused by his grief and guilt over his sin. He wanted to have the deep and satisfying relationship that he had with the Lord before he sinned. He knew that when he appreciated the Lord’s forgiveness he would be happy to tell everyone else about the fact that the Lord was willing and able to forgive sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment