Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 51:14–19, “Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.”

David was deeply grieved that he had sinned against the Lord and asked the Lord to deliver him from the guilt of his sin. By right, one of Uriah’s relatives could have killed David in revenge for Uriah’s murder but David asked the Lord to save him from this punishment. He had lost his sense of peace and joy that comes from being in a close and submitted relationship with the Lord so he asked the Lord for forgiveness so that he could regain that peace and joy. David knew that the Lord preferred people who are humble and understand the fact that all the glory and honour belong to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment