Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Because thy lovingkindness is better than life

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 63:3–6, “Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.”

The Lord’s lovingkindness is more than just a combination of love and kindness. It is, of course, both of those things but also includes the concept of absolute loyalty to His promises, perfect integrity in all His dealings bound up in the envelope of the fact that He is Sovereign and only does good things. Bad thing happen when people reject the Lord God and His ways, trying to define good and evil for themselves rather than accepting their Maker’s definitions. The Lord’s lovingkindness is the best thing that has ever happened to the world; it is better than life itself. When we accept the basic facts that the Lord is Sovereign and only does good things, we will have complete peace and we will be satisfied with His goodness. (Jer 31: 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment