Tuesday, June 30, 2015

And now, Lord, what wait I for?

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 39:7–13, “And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee. Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish. I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because thou didst it. Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand. When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah. Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were. O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.”

David longed to be in control of his own destiny but what could he do or say? He believed that the Lord is Sovereign and he trusted the Lord to care for him. He asked the Lord to deliver him from his sin so that the wicked wouldn’t mock him. David asked the Lord to deliver him from the testing times because he was feeling devastated and exhausted. He begged the Lord to hear his cry because he felt that God was treating him like a stranger. He asked the Lord to give him time to rest and recover from the hard times that he was facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment