Thursday, June 4, 2015

The LORD is my shepherd

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 23:1–6, “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”

David wrote this Psalm as a shepherd himself. It begins by making a statement then goes on to expound that statement. David, the shepherd, rejoiced that the Lord in heaven was his Shepherd. After that he explained what the statement meant. As a shepherd, David knew that sheep like to eat new grass rather than grass that has been trampled and they like to drink from still pools of water rather than from running streams. The shepherd made sure that he took his sheep to places where they could eat and drink in peace. The Good Shepherd knows exactly what His people need and makes sure they get what they need. Often we think we need something or other but the Good Shepherd knows that these things are not good for us so He protects those who believe in Him from things that will harm their souls. Day by day, as people who believe in the Good Shepherd trust Him, He will refresh them and give them peace in their hearts and minds. He will always show His people the best way. Even though we are faced with the death of loved ones or even our own death we know that the Lord is with us and all those who believe in the Good Shepherd will go to be with Him forever. No one or nothing can take that sense of peace and security away from those who trust in the Lord. When we are wounded, in our hearts and our minds, the Good Shepherd provides us with the correct remedies to refresh and restore us. The Lord’s goodness and mercy will be constant companions for those who believe in Him all the days of their lives. When life is over, those who believe in the Lord will go to be with Him forever in Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment