Monday, June 15, 2015

I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 30:1–5, “I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”

David spent many years of his early life as a shepherd out in the fields looking after the sheep. He would stay awake sometimes and see the stars in the sky before he went to sleep with the sheep at night. He was always filled with wonder and amazement at the glory and majesty of the Lord Who had made all these things. There were times when he had to rely entirely on the Lord for his safety. A lion attacked the sheep but he trusted in the Lord and saved his sheep from the lion. On another occasion, a bear attacked his sheep and the Lord gave him the ability to save the sheep from the bear. As he grew into manhood he became a mighty warrior and a great general and the Lord kept him though many dangers. Finally, as the Lord promised, David became king of Israel and he composed this Psalm of praise to the Lord. When he cried out in danger or torment, the Lord was always there and ready to keep him safe from his enemies. Not only did David rejoice in the Lord, he called on all the people to rejoice in the Lord also. We will all go through difficult times when we feel the need to weep but they will come to an end and we will finally wake up to live in the Lord’s presence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment