Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 25:15–22, “Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net. Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses. Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins. Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred. O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee. Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.”

David had many enemies before he became king of Israel and then, as king, he had many enemies who wanted to destroy both David and Israel. David knew that his first option should be to call on the Lord rather try everything else first and go to the Lord when he was desperate. David knew that the Lord would bring him from this time of difficulty and would keep him from being ashamed that he had trusted in the Lord. Not only would the Lord keep David but, because David was a man after the Lord’s own heart, He would save Israel as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment