Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I will wash mine hands in innocency

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 26:6–12, “I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth. Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men: In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes. But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me. My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.”

It was hard for a person to maintain their ceremonial purity all day, every day. They would come into contact with unclean things during the normal course of their existence. In order to be ceremonially pure that person would have to wash themselves. David said that he didn’t become impure through deliberate sin but just through the normal course of his life. He was able to go the Lord's altar and offer his sacrifices and praises with a pure heart rather than as a hypocrite. He loved serving the Lord and prayed that he would not be forced to live with sinners and those who deliberately led other astray. He preferred to live and upright life before the Lord and praise the Lord with a pure heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment