Monday, June 29, 2015

They also that seek after my life lay snares for me

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 38:12–22, “They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin. But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is. Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.”

Not only was David troubled by his own sin, his enemies were taking every opportunity to attack him and destroy him. He didn’t understand that the Lord was working to bring back to the place of confession and repentance. He didn’t hear the Lord’s message and continued in his troubled state. He longed for the Lord to help him and deliver him. Then he realised that he needed to acknowledge the fact that he was responsible for his own sin and confess this fact to the Lord. However, he was still troubled by his enemies and long to rejoice in the peace of God in his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment