Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 22:1–10, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother’s breasts. I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother’s belly.”

There are times in every person’s life when, even though they trust in the Lord, it seems as though the Lord had forsaken them entirely. Day and night they pray but things stay the same and there doesn’t ever seem to be any relief. In spite of this, David still remembered that the Lord is holy. The Lord is to be treated with dignity and respect even though we feel as though He has left us at the mercy of our enemies. The Lord is completely consistent and is the same today as He has always been. David looked back into history and saw how the Lord had always helped His people. When Israel were slaves in Egypt, facing genocide, the Lord stepped in, saved them and even gave them the Promised Land. On the other hand, David believed that he wasn’t worthy to be considered by the Lord because he had nothing to offer the Lord. At the same time his enemies mocked him for trusting in the Lord when he should have been looking after his own interests. However, David knew that the Lord had a perfect plan for David’s life and it would be come to pass for David’s good in the end.Throughout his lifetime David trusted in the Lord wholeheartedly. He knew that the Lord would always keep him secure as long he lived. Things may seem to be going wrong from time to time but the Lord was trustworthy and always had a good long term plan. David knew that the Lord’s enemies would suffer, in the end, because they didn’t trust in the Lord. On the other hand, the Lord would finally triumph and the whole world will acknowledge that He rules and deserves all the glory in heaven and on the earth. This Psalm was quoted by the Lord Jesus Christ while He was dying on the cross, He paid the price of our salvation and saved us from our sin so that we would never be forsaken by the Lord God.

No comments:

Post a Comment