Monday, June 22, 2015

Plead my cause, O LORD

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 35:1–10, “Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help. Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation. Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt. Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them. Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them. For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul. Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall. And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation. All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?”

David didn’t only write Psalms when he was filled with faith and joy at the truth of the Lord, at times, he wrote when he was struggling against crises in hope. This was one of those occasions. He was being attacked by his enemies. People were telling lies about him so that they could justify the fact that they had hurt him. He was both physically and spiritually attacked and longed for the Lord to save him. He called on the Lord to fight on his side and drive his enemies away so that their lies would not harm him. He wanted to Lord to give his enemies the problems that they wanted to give to him. Deep in heart David knew that the Lord would not allow him to be utterly destroyed. He knew that the Lord would keep him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment