Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Be not far from me

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 22:11–21, “Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me. Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog. Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.”

This chapter is very much a prophetic chapter looking forward to the day when the Messiah would come as the Suffering Servant and take away the sin of the world. While the Saviour was on the cross, He was hung up for all to see, His bones stood out and His strength was taken from Him after He was thoroughly brutalised by the Romans. Even though it seemed as though the Romans were doing all these things, Satan was really directing the attacks against Him. Satan was determined that the Messiah, as promised to Eve, would not bruise his head and was fighting a desperate battle with all the howling hordes of hell working to help him. However, the Lord triumphed in the end and salvation was achieved for all the world. The Lord Jesus Christ said, “It is finished!” The sin of the world was taken away, salvation was available to anyone who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and Satan has lost his power forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment