Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I said, I will take heed to my ways

http://youtu.be/NK8VWcw8BOM “The Science is in!”
Would you like to read James McNaught’s novel Sinking Sand”? click here: Sinking Sand
(The views expressed in this blog are my own and should not be taken as inspired in any way.)
Psalm 39:1–6, “I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me. I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred. My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue, LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am. Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah. Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.”

David was troubled and anxious but he was struggling to be careful in what he did. He had advised others not to sin by talking to or about other people. He didn’t make any comments even though he longed to speak and let everyone know what he was thinking. Eventually, he couldn’t keep quiet any longer and he called on the Lord to let him know how long these troubled times would last. Would he ever come to the end of them or would he die? Compared to God, every man lives for just a moment of time. Everyone who thinks that they can make a real reputation in the heavens is just fooling himself. God’s creation continues from day to day without being affected by the efforts of mankind. The stars continue to shine, the rain continues to fall and sun continues to give light. Even the richest man in the world has no real say in what happens to his wealth and his reputation after he dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment